The Ella Baker Center is currently hiring for these positions:
The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to develop and lead our digital strategy, including social media management, list growth, and website management.
- Work with Communications Director to develop and craft organizational messaging and communications strategy
- Advance the Ella Baker Center brand and help ensure that branding and messaging are consistent in our digital strategy for all of our programs
- Oversee online strategy, including management of website and maintenance of an email calendar and development of list growth strategies
- Develop and implement social media plans and strategies; write and edit social media content
- Produce content for the Ella Baker Center’s campaigns and storytelling needs, including writing and editing content for Ella’s Voice
- Work with Communications Director and programmatic staff to support media strategies for campaigns, programs, and our legislative agenda
- Provide support as needed on pitching reporters, writers, and producers at local, statewide, and national papers, magazines, TV and radio shows, and online outlets; pitch Ella Baker Center staff to TV and radio shows
- 3-5 or more years experience in digital communications, preferably related to racial and economic justice issues
- Excellent written communication skills, including editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms and other digital tools, and an interest in using these tools to drive action and engagement
- Experience developing media strategies and pitching reporters
- Basic proficiency with HTML
- Proven commitment to and knowledge of issues relating to racial, economic, and gender justice
- Team player attitude
- Experience conducting digital communications-related trainings
- Adept at managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable and skilled at communicating with very diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, web browsers, and database development
- Willingness to travel as necessary
Essential Job Requirements
- Needs to be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Needs to be able to operate a computer for most of the working hours.
- Needs to be able to operate office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- This position needs to be able to use a telephone and communicate with the general public.
Ella Baker Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people with arrest or conviction records, women and LGBT people are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to investing in the leadership of people of color and formerly incarcerated people. There will not be a background check or fingerprinting of applicants, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview. Please feel free to mention that you have been in prison or jail, it will be considered as an asset to the organization.
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter (as PDFs). Be prepared to provide 3 professional references if necessary.