Oakland Climate Action Coalition
We were honored to convene the OCAC from 2009 to 2011. We made great strides working with over 50 organizational members and allies. Learn more but checking out, A Toolkit to Create Climate Action in Your Community.
Here are some highlights of the work:
- On March 1, 2011, Oakland City Council passed the boldest and most equitable Energy and Climate Action Plan of any city in the country. Over 50 of the 150 policies included in Oakland’s Energy and Climate Action Plan came directly from the Coalition.
- The OCAC hosted dozens of community event (link to photos of our work) engaging more than 1,000 low-income residents and residents of color in Oakland’s climate planning process.
- Our work earned national media coverage that highlighted our collaborative work for local climate solutions.
- The OCAC has been featured in Race, Poverty and the Environment, and the New York Times.
- International best selling author Naomi Klein spent a day with the OCAC to learn more about climate solutions in Oakland.
To find out about our current efforts in Oakland, please contact Denise Fan at (510) 428-3939 x 295.