A Guide to the Ella Baker Center's New Website
Welcome to the Ella Baker Center's new website! We've been working on a redesign of our website with the fantastic communications firm Rootid for several months and we are excited to finally share it with the world.
Our main goal was to create a simple and modern website that is easy to navigate and that encourages people to get involved in our campaigns and take action. We hope you'll take some time to look around, and consider becoming a member of the Ella Baker Center if you haven't already joined.
Here is a guide to help you navigate the new site:
- What's Happening: Check here to learn about the latest updates from the Ella Baker Center—upcoming events, how to engage in our campaigns, the latest blog posts, and opportunities to take action online.
- Stay Connected: Add your name to our mailing list so that we can give you the latest updates on our work to end mass incarceration and criminalization.
- If you're on another page of the site and you want to get back to our homepage, just click on our logo on the top left hand corner.
About: Check out this page to learn about our mission and our vision for how to achieve it: Truth and Reinvestment.
- Our Work: Learn about our areas of work and the different campaigns and programs we are working on.
- Our Victories: Visit this page to learn more about our past successes and our history as an organization.
- Our Team: Learn more about the fantastic staff and board members who make up our team.
- Press Room: Find our press releases and links to the news articles we have been featured in here.
- Who Was Ella Baker: Learn more about the brilliant, black hero fo the Civil Rights movement who are we named after.
Get Involved: Check out this page to find out how you can take action on our latest campaigns and organize wtih us.
- About the Membership: Learn about what it means to be an Ella Baker Center member and what members do. You can also find out about upcoming events for members here.
- Events: Find out about our events, our allies' events, and events our team is at across the country.
- Partner with Us: Would your organization like to join Ella's Squad? Check out this page to learn more about what the squad can achieve together.
Ella's Voice: This is the blog of the Ella Baker Center where we reflect on the latest criminal justice related news and share updates on our work.
Become a Member: We're creating a national, grassroots movement that anyone, anywhere can join to end mass incarceration and criminalization.
Donate: Make a gift and help us advance people-powered campaigns that win opportunity, prosperity, and power for communities hardest hit by policing and punishment
- Other Ways to Give: Find out more about alternative ways to support our work.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Where we answer all of your donation-related questions.
- Careers: Right now we are expanding our communications team—check this page regularly to find out about new openings.
- Staff: Biographies of our team members.
- Volunteer: Information on our what our volunteers and interns do, and how to get involved.
- Contact: How to get in touch with us on and offline.
- Resources: Our compilation of toolkits and handbooks for people who are incarcerated, their families, and anyone organizing against policing and prisons.
At the bottom of every page on the website, there are links to share content on social media, and a place to sign-up on our e-mail list.
We hope you like the changes we've made. If you have any feedback, please let us know by emailing Zaineb Mohammed, email@example.com. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!