Save Troy Davis!
On September 21--next Wednesday--the state of Georgia plans to execute Troy Davis. Serious doubts remain as to Troy Davis’ guilt. But there is still time to save Troy Davis’ life. The Georgia Board of Pardons & Paroles will hold a final clemency hearing in the days before the 21st. This is our last chance to keep Georgia from killing a man who may well be innocent. Please take action:
1. Sign the petition asking the Georgia Parole Board to spare Troy Davis' life;
2. Help our friends at Color of Change tell Troy's story to thousands of Georgia residents by making a contribution to the effort to buy ads in Georgia media; and/or
3. Join Amnesty International in San Francisco for the International Day of Solidarity with Troy Davis
Just some of the holes in the case against Troy Davis:
- No physical evidence connects Davis to the murder.
- Of nine original witnesses, seven have recanted their testimony was a result of law enforcement pressure.
- One of the remaining two witnesses could be the actual culprit in the officer's murder.
All lives matter and it would be a travesty of justice to execute an innocent man. Please act now!